335 XPT cali special

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sproston

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
:blob2: can it accept a non intenz bar and stock 335 adjust screw
,will it work in florida, ? any old 45cc carbs that will fit for more power? I wanna beat that 020 T ,ms200, in a race for the baddest climbing saw-ever , how about muffler mods to a 335?
I need walkers # and others ,Thanx .soory I,m short ,.not new just Quiet .Intro and BS later thanx THIS SITE ROCKS

sproston,

I have a Walkerized 335 that leaves a stock 020T way behind.

The Cali special is not hi perf like the normal 335, but w/10 extra cc, some say it has a bit more bite. Dennis is currently modifying one. I will ask him to do some timed cuts, then save the wood for me to compare at the revival. or maybe he'll still have it. He does more port work than Walker's, so it should run better for that reason alone. I now have three Greffardized saws, and the two Huskys really get up and wail-3120 and 346.

Yes, the case will accept a normal adjusting screw. The intenz does work but is kind of finicky, i thought. I have it on an old saw, so I'm not using it much...

intenz bar

I was at my local dealer Saturday to get a new bar for my Echo 3400. They come stock with Oregon bars, but I have not been pleased with the last two (including one Intenz bar).

Anyway,When looking in his book it showed 3 different grades of Oregon bars. Homeowner, farm/occassional, and pro. Guess which category the Intenz bar was in? The occassional/farm category!

He was out of the 14" pro bars, but I'll have one this week. Tried to match up a Stihl bar, but they said it wouldn't work (dunno if I should believe them).

:D also, I Have seen pics of the Walkerized saw ,Is that just a sticker ?IF they really have a dyno what was you stock 335 and what is H.P.& RPM or even tork now ? I WOOOD LOVE TO PPUT A 45cc CARB ON
A CALIFORNIA SPECIAL:blob2:

also LOOKING for 020t Upgrades ! I wood assume muffler mods
are Done after the screen is gone ,
At least the MS200 t has a high speed adjuster on my carb
but it dosent help mine for POWER ( maybe attitude at sea level)

45 cc thats a good start MAN, that should pull a 2' bar

that is waaay cool RBTREE i want one (or two)
what size pipe? does it burn your knuckles? mine does sometimes your difflector is gone huh?

335 is too small to work on their dyno.

That is one of the new 335's. It cut poorly out of the box. I broke it in, then sent it up. I'd say it cuts 32-38% fastera, not far behind an 026 in 14 inch wood, I'd bet, and 10% faster than a friends 020T that is a beast- at least 20% faster than my worker Ian's.

One of my three old 335's would outcut any 020T i put it up against, stock. it was awesome, but was hard to start. I replaced the boot, piston, ring and switched carbs. Now it starts and runs well, but is a tad slower than Ian's 020. It is low on compression, maybe the cyl was worn, or i didnt get a good seal on the crancase. Doubt that, as it runs normal, no signs of leanness.

That 335 Cali, which I have not run, is quite detuned, so i doubt if it is much faster. Ask Dennis, i think he is doing one, as well as a standard 335.

even a dog in stock form Its probably got a lot of potential
theres' no substitute for cubic inches

treeclimber165
I tried to swap echo & stihl bars before it didnt BUT some one
said it will maybee just grind a nother (2 words lol) hole? I'll try again tomarrow at work i think
I just got arbor pro bars from Baileys-online they seem high in Quality but at a good price ,
IN that new BAILEYS catalog they were talking up narrow kerf
TECHNOLOGY Made scence so I got um on a pair of CS4400's
IT WORKS they cut a bit faster, waiting to find durability!!

yup , rbtree I cant wait to modify
those are impressive claims on your walkerized comparo 026
witch is how many cc's

I also have a husQvarna 2100 XP awesome saw
needs rpm's and a 5' bar. .they say 3' is max but i dissagree

I ran a 42" on mine, sold it for $250, had bought it for 375. Now run a 3120 XP-G w/ 36, 42 and 60" bars. I'd reckon it is pushing 13 hp. Ken Dunn and others love the 2100. Built, they can beat a built 090, he says.

Latest posts

Back