335xpt Oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripleT

ArboristSite Lurker
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been working on a 335 husky, not oiling. I replaced oiler (it had a bent shaft), pinion gear, reconnected and blew out the oil tube, and cleaned out tank screen and still cannot get oil. I adjusted the adjustment screw till its barely touching the oiler gear. Not sure why but the pinion gear is difficult to remove. I replaced it w a new one when I replaced the pump, but trying to fix this I've removed it so many times its showing some wear. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ray

335 t you have to remove the clam half to get the oiler cam shaft out- stupid idea - not fond of workig on those saws- give me a 200T anyday- can't understand why the engineering on the 335 is such a pain to work on- not like husqvarna to desighn stuff like that
Yes or you bend the pump shaft ( ask me how I know!)

Yes a bent shaft is what started this. Piss poor design for sure. If the adjustment screw is turned out too far (and yes that's the direction needed to add additional oil) guess what you have to remove the chain, bar, clutch and pinion gear to slide the oiler back in place if not you're gonna bend the shaft.
I've ordered a new pinion gear, I hope that's the problem. Its a little buggered up from removing it several times.
Appreciated the replays.
Ray

Back