• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn 372xp torq cylinder. FOUND!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 365XT is the same cylinder, and the jred 2166 and 2172 are also. The 365 and the 2166 have a restriction on the transfer cover thatcan be ground out or you could just swap covers from the 372 you have(if you still have the cylinder).
Good luck with your search.

No, I picked up a basket case from a friend. It was 365 extort and I was on HLS supply and they’re sold out of the 372 XP tour meteor cylinders they were having a flash sale on them and there’s a halfway decent looking cylinder on there from West Sauls. I believe it is don’t know anything about them. It’s been a while since I’ve messed with All, but wanted that kind of start back. Of course, I never really liked the torque models, I would rather go back with the 372 XP cylinder and change out the car but I’ve already stuck about $200 into it already Was just gonna put a top cover on it. Coil side covers, but now I’ve broken all the way down. putting in bearings in it seals and gaskets having the crank case and sprocket cover sandblasted and powder coated, black and dying the plastic Black getting new decals and making it what I call a pitch black edition I did it with a couple of 357 and 262s, I had the beginning. I never thought that much of highway products but they seemed of came a good way your thoughts on cylinders that is I’ve always gone with meteor or OEM. by the way, do you know anyone that ports Chainsaws and doesn’t charge arm and leg maybe just a pinky lol.
PS thank you for the information

I don't buy any of the Chinese stuff myself. I like meteor and OEM.
I think everyone is about the same price for porting. You may be able to save a couple bucks on shipping by picking someone more local to you. I don't normally have saws ported, but rather buy them after they've been ported.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking on the cylinder. Would you keep it an xtorq or since I’m having to swap cylinders go with the classic 372xp cylinder? Of course I’d have to swap carbs and intake.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking on the cylinder. Would you keep it an xtorq or since I’m having to swap cylinders go with the classic 372xp cylinder? Of course I’d have to swap carbs and intake.
I don't care, both run well stock or modified.
I like the limited coils on the XT as they have a better advance built into them, but you have to watch how high you set the low side as it's easy to get into the advance and get a surge in the idle. I know most guys prefer the unlimited coils for tuning, but I think having a large slug whipping around on the XT's, it's wise to have the limited coil.

I don't buy any of the Chinese stuff myself. I like meteor and OEM.
I think everyone is about the same price for porting. You may be able to save a couple bucks on shipping by picking someone more local to you. I don't normally have saws ported, but rather buy them after they've been ported.
I HATE to be the one to have to tell you this but the Meteor and Hyway brands cylinders are both cast in Taiwan (at least it's not communist China), in the same factory, using the same molds. the only difference is the Hyway cylinders are nikasil plated in-house where the Meteor cylinders are plated in Italy. I've run the Hyway cylinders extensively without problems but admittedly, I've never checked timing. Just squish...

Back