930 specs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon_Rob

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know the specs on the Jonsered 930? Mainly, CDI & Weight. I see there is one local to me for sale.

MIke Acres site says <a href="http://24.83.97.190/sites/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/978c3a7282ea31d688256b6b001c6e89?OpenDocument"> this </a>

I saw that somebody "bought it now", (for the 930) but that the 920 was still there last night.

Seemed like a relatively low price for ebay, which frightened me away. Anybody else with an opinion of its worth?

If I could get it past my wife, I'd probably bid, but she watches me too close, after I bought a new little Husky limbing saw this spring...a shiny new 395xp!

Hey Eyolf,Did you tell your wife a husky 395 was a little LIMBING saw? lol I bet I can guess why she watches you so close.You must grow some real healthy limbs up in mini soda.What do you use for a felling saw,for the BIG stuff?Take care!

The only saws on eBay I wouldn't buy are the ones with fishy descriptions. Low prices just may mean someone's trying to get rid of it or doesn't know the value. I got my Jonsereds 111S by asking a guy if he wanted to sell before the auction ended. He says $35 so I jump at. About $35 later in parts, it runs like new. Not bad for a 110cc chainsaw.

John
I was also interested in that saw when it was listed.I may have purchased it if the auction would have ran like it should have.I guess honest people just loose.
You might want to look at some of the ebay rules and regulations.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/investigates.html#bidding
It states,under Buying Offenses
If you've experienced any of these issues, please report offenses to the Investigations link below. Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a user's account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning. eBay will consider the circumstances of an alleged offense and the user's trading records before taking action.
Transaction interference - Emailing buyers in an open or ended transaction to warn them away from a seller or item.
Contacting a seller and offering to purchase the listed item outside of eBay.
Later
Dan
:angry:

Its up to the buyer IMO. I will not end any of my auctions early, because I also hate it when an auction I am bidding on is ended early and the seller lies by saying the item was damaged or something. But on the other hand I bought a car on Ebay and probably saved $1000 buy ending the auction early:eek: So it can go either way

As long as you all are on the topic, why would anyone bid on an item other than in the final day. I see these items with 6 days to go and people are bidding away. Is there some good that can come from bidding the value up early. Are some folks bidding on their own stuff under different names just to raise the bid?

I'm not excusing what I did, but the penalties are just the same for sellers:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/investigates.html#selling

"Fee avoidance - Circumventing eBay fees. Examples:
Canceling a listing to sell the item to anyone who contacted the seller through eBay, or became aware of the item through eBay
Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a user's account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning. eBay will consider the circumstances of an alleged offense and the user's trading records before taking action."

I didn't make the guy an offer. I emailed him asking what he thought about selling things off eBay. He said that I could give him the opening bid and get it because he wouldn't have to wait the extra week. Ethically, it was the same as a But It Now. Legally, as far as eBay's concerned, it's against the rules. You'll also notice that lots of auctions are ended because someone locally buys the item.

Rob, most of the rocketing bid prices are due to people who aren't aware of the benefits of last-minute bidding. I put an old chainsaw up on eBay last week and advertised it on a few sites. 36 hours later it's gone from $9.99 to $180. It looked like several people decided they needed to stay on top. I'm not one to complain. :)

Last edited:
There sems to be no logic to Ebay. I never bid till 1-2 minutes before the end you have to be fast though. I guess if you have money to burn then bid whenever you feel like it. I dont though I prefer to be sneaky and keep it cheap if I can:D Also its every man for himself, John got lucky there. Seller must have not know anything about the saw or they would have left it on and got way more for it.

I've given up on trying to snipe my way into deals on ebay...way too many people using automated bidding software, and you'll lose every time.

If I'm really interested, I'll place an early bid, so the seller knows that he has interest ( I learned that on the Jons 111...I wanted a chance, too, LOL) then within 10 minutes of the end, I decide on my max bid and place it, and let proxy bidding take over.

I don't get many chain saws that way, but if somebody wants to pay the outrageous prices, well, let 'em. Some classes of merchandise goes better than others.

Latest posts

Back