Antique Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Hi there, I got the old Eaton running with a bit of help over the phone. The points were a bit corroded, otherwise the saw is almost unused. I dont think it meets EPA regs. It smokes a bit after idling cause I think fuel wells up in a stretched carb diagram.
Does anyone know where I may get a carb kit? The carb is made by Lauson Power Equip of Grafton Wisconsin.
Thanks,
Gyro

cool!

Wow!
Thats a nifty looking old saw. Looks like it would hold enough gas to keep you busy for a while. Doesn't look like the side case will get plugged up on you either from the big shavings you'll be throwing. Good luck finding carb kit.

Gyro, any Tecumseh servicing dealer has the needle and seat as well as the diaphragm and gasket you will need for that beast.
Josh

Thanks Stihltech and 084, I will pick up a kit for it. This saw starts real nice. I honed out the exhaust a bit, its just aluminum. It will be fun to fell some wood with it. I wonder how many cc.'s it is? It has a huge cylinder on it and a double ring piston. Its missing an airfilter element so maybe I will fabricate one out of foam or silk, as long as it doesnt get sucked into the casing.
John

John, I'm pretty sure that air filter was in fact foam and sat between 2 pieces of wire mesh. It should have a small cover that snaps on the end.
Josh

Hey Gypo. The old Mono we're workin' on has a carb similar to that one, I believe. We swapped the old one out with another used one because the old one had problems of some sort. Wouldn't let the saw start. I believe it uses a Lauson AH-47 engine.

The air filter on that Mono we have is only about 1/4 inch thick and about 1 1/2 to 2 inches around, and a long screw sticks out of the carb, and a round metal disk with a hole in it is attatched with a wing nut. It looks like it hasn't been replaced for many years.:blob6: It's gettin rotted very badly.

Latest posts

Back