any of you sawyers know where i could find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timberturner

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
a video (instructional) about chainsaw carving

i talked to a carver at show this summer and he oversimplified it a little

timberturner: "so, is chainsaw carving difficult to learn, you make carving that bear look easy"

chainsaw carver guru: ah, it aint that hard, you just carve out the parts that don't look like a BEAR !!

i shot beer out of my nose when i heard him say that

tt

www.baileys-online.com has all kinds of stuff for chain saw carving, if you don't see what you want listed just ask them, they usually have more than what you see listed in the catalog:angel:

didn't catch the guys name

he was in his , i'd guess late 50's, chewed tobacco, and looked like he had hands the size of large lamb chops

ah, it aint that hard, you just carve out the parts that don't look like a BEAR !!

For him that is probably exactly the case because I suspect that something like chainsaw carving is an art and requires an artists eye and touch to be proficient at it. No matter how hard I try and practice I will never draw a dog that looks like a dog.:rolleyes: Sometimes ya got it sometimes ya don't, but it can't hurt to find out. I remember coming across a forum once devoted to the subject, so maybe a google search is in order?

Back