Anybody running the new Solos???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lumberinspector

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Just wondering if any of you are running a solo these days. If so please drop me a message with the pros and cons and your comparisons to husky and sthil.

Thanks
dustin

G2G Lumber to grade

Hi Dustin, are there any established Solo dealers in your area? That would be my biggest concern, What model(s) are you interested in, Solo has a few that are really hot like the 651P and the new 694. I was just talking to Jeff (Sikkema) and he`s been really impressed with the 694 since he got it. If you know Jeff, then you know he is reliable, so I take his word for it. I`ll have to if I want one because I can`t seem to buy anything from a local Solo dealer, well anything but a sprayer anyway.:( I`ve been thinking that a 651P belongs in my saw shed, I can do about 80% or better of my work with an ~ 50cc saw, especially if it`s been modified. I also like what Jeff has told me about the raw power of the 694, maybe the Greffradized 385 needs a big brother. Russ

Hi Dustin, and welcome.
I'm running Solo saws and have been very satisfied so far.

Their little top handle 633 (36cc) w/ a 12" bar (pico) has treated me well. Very well balanced, plenty of power and only 7.7lbs. Dennis is close to modifying one as we speak. Priced right w/th Echo 3400 but the Solo has a full crank and Nikasil treated cylinder instead of chrome.

Their 651 pro is a monster. I have never thought I'd part w/my 026pro but...I ran the 651 and whoa baby! It's a full 4.0hp stock and really screams! The more I use it and the more broken in it gets, the more power it developes.

Jeff and I are both fans of the new 694 (90cc). We both liked Solo's 690 model which has ben discontinued due to emmissions I'm told. The 694 is really nice. Likes to run at 13k-13.5k rpm. Well balanced, all kinds of power in the log, great air filtration.

All these come w/a 2yr. commercial warranty, as well. I'm in No. IL and we have dealers all over but not stacked up on one another. I think they are making their way west.

Seesaw

651pro
-10.8lbs, 4.0hp, 12,500rpm (no load)
I ran mine at about 12,000rpm until it was good and broke in. Now I have it dialed in at a hair less than 13k.

-18.0lbs, 6.6hp, 13,500rpm (no load)
The two that I have demo'ed were set at about 12,700. I can't see running that saw at 13.5k right out of the box. It cut great even at a lower high-end setting. I'd love to try one broke in and pushing 13's!.

Hope this helps,
Seesaw

Latest posts

Back