Are all big Husky saws the same?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddBomber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was posting a few months ago looking for some help with a bad bearing/seal on a Husky 385xp. Well, I went to a friends house to help him re-arrange his shop. Under a bench was a box full of orange parts. I asked him about it, and turns out that it is a 385xp with a wallowed out case. I laughed to myself, and told him about my exact same issue. He then told me that his cousin in NH has one with the same problem.
So anyway. My question is; Do all big Husky saws (390,395,3120) have the same issue with the bottom end as the 385? I own a Jonsered, and have used the 372, and absolutely love those saws, but just can't get behind the big 75cc + Husky/Jonsered saws. I actually stopped my BIL from buying a Jonsered 2186, so instead he bought a Stihl 650 (I tried to talk him into getting a 2171/372, but he wanted a bigger saw...... He only cuts occasionally for his fireplace....?)

As far as I know, those issues were restricted to the early 385xps, and nothing else in the 85cc+ "class".

The 395 and 3120 are totally different, and much older designs.

Since we are on the subject of big Huskies what are the sizes of their biggest saws,starting with the say the 1100? I would like to run a 42" bar on maybe a 3120 but older saws are way cheaper.

Back