Bar pattern usage?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Snyder

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does anyone know where there is any popularity data on bar pattern,length, pitch and gauge on the net? I just wanna know what to buy for stock. Distributors surely have this info, but they seem to guard it carefully.

Walt what do you know about this industry info?

I'm determined not to accumulate a lot of patterns and lengths that don't move like I had 20 years ago.

I know for sure, you can't hardly sell a McCulloch or Homelite bar anymore. I'm just beginning to relearn pattern commonalities, but I'm having to do it the hard way.

Who is the Oregon distributor for southeast Illinois?

I didn't ask about them, but last time I was at the chainsaw store I've been frequenting lately they had Windsor bars on display that had two sets of tensioner lug holes. I don't know if that meant it was for Stihl/Husky or what, but that sounds like it's up your alley.

I know this: Husky/Jonsered saws have come in two bar mount sizes over the last 10 years or so. Before that some Jonsey saws had the same pattern as Homelite.

AS to Oregon, I bet an E-mail addy is <a href="http://www.oregonchain.com/index.htm"> here </a> someplace, and if they smell some possible sales, an e-mail monday morning may mean a phone call by tuesday night.

In this day and age, you should be able to get a replacement bar next day. I'm fortunate in that in an emergency the local Oregon distributor is only 30 minutes away; If he hasn't got it he can have any currently-catalogued item overnighted to the dealer's door. I bet one of the major brands will be willing to provide you the same sort of service.

Give Oregon a call

They will send a catalog free for the asking. It has most bar mount patterns in it. Somew commercial users want universal bars and that may be the way to go. Some people make the bar fit more than one brand.

Don

Some of the old Jonsereds like my 111S have a bar that's NEARLY the same as the Homelite, but the oiler hole is about 1/8" off. Anyone know if this is just a fluke with my bars or are they really a little different?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough; what I was really after here was sales popularity of various bar paterns gauges, pitches, lengths, etc, not application look up data.

Distributors have to have this data available, they just don't seem to want to let it out to the dealers.

I need something like Briggs used to do with their parts popularity codes, probably still do.

I'm kinda going by seat of the pants; sell one, reorder two, type of approach.

Back