Best shoes to do limb walk?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got these black caterpillar boots, like 100 bucks. Composite toe so you got some protection but the sole is flexible so they just feel awesome for spurless climbing, and ljmb walking.

All the specifically made climbing boots are way too stiff, you want something where you can really curl and point your toe to step and lil nubs and ****. Look for flexible work boots or hiking boots.

I had some keen light duty hiking boots that were super comfortable, fit in tight spots and were flexible. They fell apart pretty quickly (warranty replacements fell apart too...).

I had the first generation of ArbPro. They were pretty good. Then they got rid of those for beafier boots that work with spikes.

Then I bought Drayer Tango Light. Also liked those. No longer available.

Just bought some Asolo Cactus GV from Sierra Trading. Price was right... because they are no longer made! But after climbing in them twice I think I'll like them.

I think some approach shoes for rock climbers would work well, but haven't tried those yet. Something flexible, not clunky, very small heal (if any), and rubber soles coming up the sides a bit are what I've found I like.

These are my favorite shoe for non-spike climbing. Luckily they still have my size available on few sites. I may need to stock up.
You better! I wish I saw that they were going away before my size was gone. Drayer has them on their site in size 47, but US shipping isn't listed as an option. Haven't found my size anywhere else.

I have no idea why we can't get more of the Drayer line over here. The Tango Piuma line looks pretty interesting, but I can't find anybody over here carrying them.

Back