blade rises while cutting and jams in kerf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruitcakesa

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Like the title says, I start milling and immediately the blade begins to rise and flex and jams. I have been milling these hemlock logs for past few days with no issues, in fact, the log I sawed today prior to this one cut fine.
I considered wonky grain in the log so tried cutting a different face , no help, and then flipping it end for end, still no joy.
I then put a different log on the mill and got the same result. It was from a different tree BTW.
Blade tension is good, the guides are properly placed and the blade had only cut the one log prior.
I am going to try another blade just to rule that out.
Any ideas or advice? Thanks

Like the title says, I start milling and immediately the blade begins to rise and flex and jams. I have been milling these hemlock logs for past few days with no issues, in fact, the log I sawed today prior to this one cut fine.
I considered wonky grain in the log so tried cutting a different face , no help, and then flipping it end for end, still no joy.
I then put a different log on the mill and got the same result. It was from a different tree BTW.
Blade tension is good, the guides are properly placed and the blade had only cut the one log prior.
I am going to try another blade just to rule that out.
Any ideas or advice? Thanks
A new blade solved it.
The "bad" blade, which cut the first log fine, must have somehow gotten dulled during the cut. Maybe an embedded stone or sand in the bark from when it was skidded out of the woods.

Latest posts

Back