• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Buy or Rent - Stihl Test Flange p/n 1140 890 1200 - Vacuum/Pressure Test MS391 or MS311

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick1903

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to buy (or rent) test flange so I can vacuum/pressure test my MS391 after replacing the top end and seals. I really don't need to keep it since it's for a specific project, so I'm happy to ship it back to you when I'm done. Looks like picture below. Thanks.

1654876969050.png

Your local stihl dealer can order it for you to purchase and if you play nice going in there in person may even loan it to you for a deposit to cover its value with the promise of adult beverages given as bribery when returned. I would block off that section and the muffler using cut up rubber inner tube and use a fitting in the spark plug hole if I wanted to avoid the special tool and the nice thing is the spark plug fitting works on all that have the same (think its m12) m12 or m14 1.25 plug threads.

Thanks @cookies . Im trying to avoid buying the $75 part. I was having challenges blocking off the intake side and was thinking perhaps my setup was leaking, and am tired with trying to fabricate something that works. This one is a little trickier thank a couple saws I’ve tested since I can’t use the manifold to sand which in the rubber piece I have. I have a thread out here on it. https://www.arboristsite.com/threads/ms391-top-end-rebuild-project.359708/page-2#post-7756903

I will also call the dealers and check about borrowing or renting the tool. Good idea!

Your local stihl dealer can order it for you to purchase and if you play nice going in there in person may even loan it to you for a deposit to cover its value with the promise of adult beverages given as bribery when returned. I would block off that section and the muffler using cut up rubber inner tube and use a fitting in the spark plug hole if I wanted to avoid the special tool and the nice thing is the spark plug fitting works on all that have the same (think its m12) m12 or m14 1.25 plug threads.
Well said post that actually helps a person. If your local dealer will not agree to the loan I will help you out minus the "adult beverage" I would accept a dinner with a fine mannered ............... well that is a bit off the subject. Let me know if you still need the part and we can figure out something although all joking aside cookies posted the best option in my opinion....

I don’t weld, don’t have a welder, etc. Looks neat though. I attempted one solution (without welding). I’m interested in trying the actual tool if it isn’t cost prohibitive. Otherwise I’ll keep attempting various things and see if I can figure out if my tool is leaking or the saw is leaking. Thanks.

I don’t weld, don’t have a welder, etc. Looks neat though. I attempted one solution (without welding). I’m interested in trying the actual tool if it isn’t cost prohibitive. Otherwise I’ll keep attempting various things and see if I can figure out if my tool is leaking or the saw is leaking. Thanks.

Hey Patrick, I'll lend you mine. PM sent.

Latest posts

Back