C.A.R.B. listed life expectancies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
carb

I believe this has to do with the emmisions and not actual life expectancy of the motor. It is the time period that the emissions wil stay in compliance. Some makes have a higher time, but the customer is expected to pay for some parts and service in that time period. I know this is why Stihl uses 2 years instead of an hour period. I would like to see this explained better also, did they have any such explaination on the site?
I will try to get the Stihl directive on here.

I agree, emissions are the reason. I know Echo says to maintain emission standards that under homeowner use the carbs should be rebuilt or replaced every year and for commercial use every six months.

echo specifies 300 hrs on their pb-210 blower as emission compliance time.:) and this is on a sticker on the blower itself...

It would have to be the expected life expectancy of emission compliance. I notice while setting up a new Exmark Turf Tracer with a Kawi V-twin, the sticker on the side of the engine said 1000 hrs life expectancy or something to that effect. I can't wait for one of our landscapers to see that sticker and flip out. Have they started putting these stickers on Jonsered or Efco products yet?

yes it it emission compliance like i said in the post earlier- the life expectancy for the blower is 1250hrs. but why the deviations between the manufacturers here:confused:

I just noticed that both my Rotax and Predator Hotsaws are out of compliance and I dont know what to do now. Do I Quit racing???
Just to make all the leaf kissers and tree huggers happy!!!

For christsake if this thread goes any farther I am going to mix my gas at 8:1 just to make some smoke. Nuff Said

Robert..with an attitude like that, its no wonder we need compliances...I think we are going to have to build you an epa approved exhaust system for both those saws....sheesh

-one happy leaf licker...

Latest posts

Back