Chainsaw adjustable vice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The vices in many interesting designs have been around as long as I have been working on chainsaws, some have more adjust-ability than other models but they all do basically the same thing. They free up both hands to work on the saw instead of one hand holding the saw steady at awkward angles. I made the one I use many years ago and had a more or less crude one since back in the 60`s.

How is anyone working on that thing pivoted up that high... I can't see being able to mount that in a way it would be practical to use in all positions. I also think there would be too much leverage on the pivot point, it'd be fine for positioning the saw... until you had to get a stubborn bolt undone

Impact gun removes all stubborn fasteners and I don`t care what the nay sayers say in over 55 years of using a gun I have yet to break off or strip a bolt/screw using one. If one ever broke or stripped threads using a gun it would do the same thing using a strongarm.

I saw that and thought at 1st for most general maintenance what a great tool, but if you are rebuilding or pulling the saw down and can't keep the handlebars on, I rather have a bar mount adapter vice. But general maintenance and servicing would get a lot use.

Latest posts

Back