Chainsaw on a stick

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lync

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a "power pruner", any input as far as makes/ models, that any one has used and there satisfaction or dissatisfaction. They seem to be a tool that would increase productivity if used properly.

thanks,
Corey

stihl HT75 would be my pick:) just remember that you get what you pay for:angel:

Husky is supposed to be coming out with one soon.

The Power Pruner telescopes the furthest I think.

Check on the cost of the bypass hedge trimmer attachment for which ever one you decide on. That makes life a lot easier.

Tom

I have used the Stihl one and it is pretty nice, but EXPENSIVE. If you are going to be using it a lot I would get the Stihl, if not you may not get your money's worth

Husky just came out with a 325P5x Pole Saw Pruner. I havent tried one yet, but the specs are

24.5cc
1.2hp
16.5' reach
12? lbs (brochure is incorrect at 30.1kg)...lol...

Retails at 860.00cdn so about 550.00usd

I use the PPFD2400 from Echo (It's no longer available; it's the yellow non-conductive one). Works great for those takedowns from the bucket near energized lines. Also makes for alot less moves of the bucket by increasing your work radius immensely. And of course, the extra reach helps out on those particularly TALLLLLL trees. I have had no trouble with it to date.

The Stihl is a really nice piece of equipment and the Husky probably will be too. I think Shindaiwa is introduing a fixed length chainsaw on a stick as well. My choice remains the Echo. The reason I choose the Echo over the Stihl is the availability of an extra 5' extension. Combine that with the greater reach of the longest model Echo and it is a BIG difference! Be warned however. Using the Power Pruner with the extension gives the shoulders a major workout.

Back