• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Chainsaw sharpener (chain grinder)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertmoore

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a sharpener. I'd prefer the tecomec super jolly bit I would consider Oregon as well. Let me know if you have one collecting dust that you'd like to let go.

Welcome to posting Robert :).
I really like my tecomec super jolly, great units, and I have the stihl USG as well. The super jolly is a joy to use.
Hope you find a nice one.
Thanks Chipper,
I think I'll hold out for the Super Jolly. If I can find a used one I will give it a shot. I'll keep filing until then.

Thanks Chipper,
I think I'll hold out for the Super Jolly. If I can find a used one I will give it a shot. I'll keep filing until then.
If you get the lesser version whether Oregon or tecomec(same manufacturer last time I looked into it), you can sharpen a chain just as fast, or even faster if it's a shorter chain. One of the downfalls of the hydraulic clamp is that when you are setting up the grinder for the initial cutter, you cannot put the head down and then adjust the cutter into the wheel, you must put the head down and see how close you are, then guess at how far in to adjust the cutter to get it to just tap the grinding wheel, then adjust it in as needed. When touching up chains this process slows you down enough that on a 20" chain you will not gain anything speed wise. Now you have a heavily damaged chain that you must make multiple passes on, you are removing the gullets that someone else left behind, or you are doing longer chains, then you can save time with the hydraulic clamp. I like it not for the time savings, but to avoid the repetitive motion of opening and closing the clamp. While that may not seem like a big deal, working with a standard clamp grinder for a couple hrs, it was something I didn't enjoy. For a chain or two a week, I see no reason to avoid the standard manual clamp versions.

Latest posts

Back