Converting a John Deere 800v to an automatic oiler?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pldsns525

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a good condition late 80s John Deere 800v which I understand to be a rebadged version of the Echo CS-750EVL. I like the saw but I don't prefer the model being a manual oiler only setup. The main reason is when I am cutting, I want to be focused on the cut and not remembering to pump the oiler every 2-3 seconds. I have done some research and it appears that an automatic oiler can be added to this saw? Given the age of the saw there is not much info on the web about the kit needed and a general overview of how to install it. I am very mechanically inclined so I feel confident I can install this kit, if it exists. Can anyone shed some light if this is doable or not and if so, what kit I need? Thanks.

After further inspection, reading the Echo 8000 manual, I feel a bit foolish. I see there is automated oiling. I am going to adjust the knob on the oiler and see if they gets the saw delivering oil.

Latest posts

Back