Dutch, France, Norway, Swiss, Spanish

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was Jo-Bu a while back from Normay, but I can't say anything about the other countries.

I believe Senor Bulto of Spain (Bultaco motorcycles) played around with chain saws in the 1960s as well as other uses for small two-stroke engine powered machines. They looked a lot like the low-end North American stuff like the Homelite Buz. I remember this from a highlite of Bultaco from a motorcycle magazine, so it probably dates back a while...I gave up on bikes about 20 years ago.

If that's true, it's really funny. Bultaco ran an ad in the '70s that was poking fun at Husqvarna bikes. It had a photo of a chainsaw (Looked like a Poulan XX) with "Bultaco" on the bar. The message in the ad was somthing like:"We don't think so."

I know there was an Italian made chainsaw. But, I can't remember the manufacture. Let me check the archives... Umm I think " Olympik" was made in Italy.
Josh

John, I've seen that beast of yours before. Didn't I see that on Ebay though?
Josh

Emak, Efco, Olympyk, Oleo-Mac, and now John Deer are all the same saws.

Another Italian saw is the Euro pro McCullochs they've been making there for a while.

Hi there, I was at a flea market yesterday and ran into an elderly Italian gentleman who rebuilds mostly Stihl cuttoff saws for a living, anyway, he had an Alpina 070s that looked like a very good saw. He also had a Husqvarna motorsickle.
It was made in italy... I cranked it up and it ran nice. I was tempted to buy it for 200 CDN or 135 USD, but do I need to start this viscious cycle all over again? He says he has two rebuilt 051 saws if I want them.
Harpo the Stuble Jumper

In answer to your question. No Chain Saws were ever manufactured in Holland that I know of. None in Frnace in the last 25 years. Jo-Bu was manufactured in Norway until it was bought out by Electrolux and gas chain saw manufacture was discontinued. The electric Husky, Jonsered and Partner 1550EL and 1850EL models are built in the Norwegian factory. There are no chain saws built in Switzerland or Spain. There are several makes of Chain Saw manufactured in Italy. EFCO makes the Oleo-Mac and EFCO brands that they market themselves and the John Deere branded saws. they also make saws branded Blitz and Folux. There is the McCulloch factory that was purchased by Electrolux when McCulloch got into trouble and filed bankruptcy in 1999. Electrolux are building several brands of saw in that plant now. Then there is Alpina/Castor and OPEM. That is a total of 4 Chain Saw manufacturers in Italy. In Germany there is Stihl, SOLO and Dolmar. In Sweden there is Electrolux building Husqvarna, Jonsered, Partner and Poulan PRO. There is a Electrolux owned factory in Slovenia. There are chain saws manufactured in Rumania and of course in Russia.
If I missed anyone I apolagize.

Latest posts

Back