Echo 750 bar compatibility

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Will a Husky bar work on a Echo 750 with out modification?
The husky bar is on a 394XP.

I walked to the shop and got one of each here side by side. It is close but the Echo has a slightly bigger diameter bar stud grove. I don't have any calipers handy but it is close. I'd say you could file a little and make it work. The adjuster holes and oil holes seem to be a match.

However the Stn's book (GB), and the Total book(Tsumura) show different numbers. I have then hanging on different hooks on display. But I may have done that also for the reason that most Echos use .050 while Husky usually uses .058 nowadays.

You might try Oregons online application guide and compare one to the other at the same gauge, pitch and length.

Boy, in the old days I used to mill a lot of bars with carbide to make them fit and get rid of dead stock.

The Echo 750 uses the D176 oregon mount, it has an 8.00mm slot
The 394XP uses the D009 mount, it has a 9.00mm slot
I just tried them on my 394xp and my CS500 Echo(same mount as 750) The D176 is a no go on the Husky But the D009 fits the Echo. The bar adjuster fits and the oiling hole lines up but due to the 9mm slot the bar is a sloppy fit to the mountng studs. If you can bush that 1mm it looks like it would be fine JMO
Greg

I had an Echo 702, Oregon replacement bars came with 9mm slot back then, and you had to pay extra for two little adapters to go around your bar studs.

Still better than paying full retail for Echo labelled bar, made by Oregon.

Thank you for taking the time

Really appreciate you taking the time to help me figure this out.

Brings back memories....

Man, you guys talking about Echo 750s and 500s sure brings back memories. I`ve had both and those saws really seemed to put everybody else to shame, quality wise. I used one 500vl to cut about a pyramid worth of firewood and the 750 was a good powerful saw, even if it does weigh as much as a dead minister. Parts, rubber and the points for the 500, got to be a problem back in the late eighties or early nineties, too bad, they were on the right path for making a serious name for themselves. Russ

Latest posts

Back