File size

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Is there a chart some where?

Specifically what size file for is .325 PITCH / .050 GAUGE. IT IS A HUSKY H30

Don

3/16" would be my guess. I've heard of some .325 chains that do not use a 3/16" file, but never seen any.

Might wanna go out and check your file box, Lobo. 5/16" isn't a common file size.

3/8" lo-pro uses 5/32"
.325 uses 3/16"
3/8" uses 7/32"

Hi Treeclimber,

Not the file box that needs looking at, but my old eyes will require new glasses soon, not to sure what can be done with these old hands and fingers. Not as nimble and flexible as they once were. ;)

That's cool. :cool: I'm only 37 and already feeling the effects of age on my eyesight and agility. So now I just buy more fancy toys to make my job easier. That way I can STILL outclimb the young punks! Smarter not harder. ;)

I've never run .325 chain til recently. I find 3/16 too large. I acccidentally ordered 3 doz 11/64, which seem to be the perfect size for the chisel .325 I have. I want to have a bit of hook in the tip, and the 11/64 accomplishes that well. 5/32 is a bit too small.

I agree the 11/64" works real well. I wonder if using the 3/16" file will create a larger gullet, maybe will cut faster in softwood. - Eric

Back