First Racing saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marky Mark

Hell's Kitchen Trapper
Reaction score
I would like to enter into the art of chain saw racing, I live in New Jersey so you could imagine the compition in my area. There are 3 classes 3.5 hp,3.5-6hp and 6 and up all unmodified. They cut an 8x8 down up down.
Where should I begin should I start at the 3.5 and work my way up or just go for the gusto.
What size bar would be used for the venture.
Thanks for any input.

mark,
sounds like you have looked into the sussex county fair. ralph stange runs a nice show. i hope to be there. marty

Is that hp or cubic inches?

If it`s hp, how do they keep it fair? Dyno the saws? Probably a stupid question, but I`m just wondering. Russ

Last edited:
Give it a try!

I've got to think marty is right, those are cubic inchs, not hp. I would suggest calling them to be sure.

If you have the saws, why not enter all three classes Nothing I saw in the rules limits you to any one. Use the shortest bars that you have. Get the chains as sharp as you can, get the saw tuned up as best as you can (have the shop do it if you can't) and have fun.:blob2:

Check out www.madsens1.com/raceprep.htm

Back