FUEL LINE QUESTION

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2broke2ride

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a pretty basic question I'm sure but I feel stupid for not being able to figure it out. I am working on a Husky 372. I am struggling with how much fuel line to have in the fuel tank. Currently I think I have too much. The saw ran great last night for about a half a tank of fuel, then all of a sudden, after dropping a sizeable pine it acted lean and stalled like it ran out of fuel. I pulled the cap and found if I turned the saw upright, the fuel filter would poke up out of the fuel. Am using 3x5 echo bulk line. Anyone have any guidance for me on such a basic issue? Lol.

This I'd a pretty basic question I'm sure but I feel stupid for not being able to figure it out. I am working on a Husky 372. I am struggling with how much fuel line to have in the fuel tank. Currently I think I have too much. The saw ran great last night for about a half a tank of fuel, then all of a sudden, after dropping a sizeable pine it acted lean and stalled like it ran out of fuel. I pulled the cap and found if I turned the saw upright, the fuel filter would poke up out of the fuel. Am using 3x5 echo bulk line. Anyone have any guidance for me on such a basic issue? Lol.
Just enough to where it doesn't kink. I curl it around on the bottom and to the far right forward, it kinda holds it in place.

Totally going against the Husqvarna gods here. But I've found that when using the Echo fuel ines you need to add a weighted fuel filter in some applications. The Husqvarna, Jonsered OEM filters are not weighted. Older Shindaiwa and Echos did use the weighted filters. Stens is a good source for those. Hope this helps you out.

Totally going against the Husqvarna gods here. But I've found that when using the Echo fuel ines you need to add a weighted fuel filter in some applications. The Husqvarna, Jonsered OEM filters are not weighted. Older Shindaiwa and Echos did use the weighted filters. Stens is a good source for those. Hope this helps you out.
IMG_2517.jpeg

These fuel filters from about 2009 have what feels like a 3/8th ounce lead egg sinker rattling around in them. I dont have another kind to compare. Seems like they would sink though.

You can make your own 'piggly-wiggly' fuel line by CAREFULLY heating a straight line with a heat gun with the fuel line wrapped around a suitable round object. When you heat it carefully (don't melt it), it will retain the shape of what you wrap it around. I do that a lot with stuff other than fuel lines. Alternately, you could remove the filter and insert a few BB's in it as well.

You can make your own 'piggly-wiggly' fuel line by CAREFULLY heating a straight line with a heat gun with the fuel line wrapped around a suitable round object. When you heat it carefully (don't melt it), it will retain the shape of what you wrap it around. I do that a lot with stuff other than fuel lines. Alternately, you could remove the filter and insert a few BB's in it as well.
Any BB's you put inside a filter will block the outlet end of filter. You would create another problem sir. No fuel flow at times.

Back