Full Wrap/Flush Cut Handle Question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YUKON 659

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could replace a full wrap handle with a flush cut handle on any of the Husky's or Stihl's that came with one stock?

Thanks, Jeff

full wrap - flush

I think you need an extra piece on the bottom, but think they come with it if you order if not, they should tell you whereever you buy it .

Thanks guys, I should have been a little more specific. I want to know if you can remove a full wrap handle and replace it with a flush cut on a "used" saw.

Jeff

You still haven't mentioned a specific saw, so I assume you are just asking for general knowledge.
I'm unaware of any saw manufacturer that makes different cases for standard handles vs. full wrap handles. So, since the cases are the same, I would guess that either handle would mount on it. logcutter mentioned an extra piece (adapter?) for the full wrap (again, I'm assuming) but they both should bolt up. I've never seen an adapter or extra piece on the bottom of a saw with a standard wrap handle, and I've never used a saw with a full wrap.

Most Huskys and Stihls will take either handlebar interchangably. The exceptions I have found are some Stihls. The chain brake handle is curved different on some and you would have to change both. I ran into this on an 066/064. Mike

I run a full wrap on my 038M, when i use it that is.
One of my 066's has a full wrap. By lookin at them they are interchangable.

Latest posts

Back