Got another free one !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sedanman

Just cut the piano!!
Reaction score
I was hanging out the saw shop the other day and noticed a saw case in the junk pile. When I asked if I could buy it I was told "No, you have to take it and the saw that's in it". Not one to argue, I took it without looking inside. The case contained a Stihl 011AV that made a horrible noise when shaken. The studs that hold the muffler on broke and the muffler was rattling under the shroud. I got the broken pieces of the studs out of the jug and "borrowed" the muffler off my 009 to get the saw running, runs perfectly! I'll be back to the saw shop for a few parts and then the running saw count will be up to 14!

Another lucky break for you, Sedan. Congrats. If you happen to be in a similar situation with a rattling 3120, could you just send it to Ken Dunn for me? I'd be happy to pick up the UPS tab.

Does anyone have an 011 without a loose muffler? The one in the 011abveq I'm working on ($40 eBay special) is loose. No broken studs, but completely detached.

Almost every one I've seen on eBay says something about needs muffler work.

Oh yeah, I got a free saw today. A crunched "Power" (?) Mac 320. Real POS saw. Had a good carb, chain, and bar, and that's about it.

G'day sedan,

You would be called a "tin-arse" (when things like that happen) down this way - dont ask me why! Wish stuff like that would happen to me..... If you get too many more, youll have to start giving some away to the 'home for underprivilidged saw owners'
Cheers
Charlie.

P.S. At least youve got plenty of gas storage for all them saws! ;) ;)

Just got back from the saw shop, stripped a parts saw to get the muffler and hardware, bought a new exhaust gasket $1.20 and a chain $12.00 total with the used muffler $25.00. Runs like new!

Put the little s.o.b. to work today then heard a bang followed by a racket at idle, thought I blew the bottom end out of it. Turns out the laminated "s" clutch broke, swapped it out with a later "shoe" clutch from an 009 and I'm back in business.

Back