Gummed up 2050 Turbo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Shooters Apprentice

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A older friend of mine gave me a Johnsered 2050 Turbo last year. He said he had sprayed some kind of degreaser on it and then forgot about it and it got gummed up hard. I took it apart and cleaned it up enough to get the recoil working and stuff, and then tried to start it and nothing. Fresh plug and I am getting spark, but not firing, even with a small amount of gas in the cylinder.

I popped the muffler off and the piston looks good with no scoring, how ever it looks like the ring is gummed up. I gave it a good shot of PB blaster and let it sit a few hours. Still won't fire.

Should I throw a piston and ring in it, or is there something else I could try first?

A older friend of mine gave me a Johnsered 2050 Turbo last year. He said he had sprayed some kind of degreaser on it and then forgot about it and it got gummed up hard. I took it apart and cleaned it up enough to get the recoil working and stuff, and then tried to start it and nothing. Fresh plug and I am getting spark, but not firing, even with a small amount of gas in the cylinder.

I popped the muffler off and the piston looks good with no scoring, how ever it looks like the ring is gummed up. I gave it a good shot of PB blaster and let it sit a few hours. Still won't fire.

Should I throw a piston and ring in it, or is there something else I could try first?
Check compression should be over 100 wont fire if it is to low

Back