Harbor Freight Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodenbiker

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
You might think me a fool but I needed a chainsaw to run indoors and I didnt want to pay a lot. 45 dollars (with a coupon) wasnt that much of a risk so I went and got one from harbor freight.I have to say I am impressed, for the money it works far better than I could hope. Came with an oregon 14" bar and chain. It cut fast for its size and never stalled. Who knows how long it will last but it is perfect for use in my shop.
:clap::clap::clap:

Well thats sounds good for the money.

Post a pic and maybe we can ID it.

I bought a 'refurbished' Wen electric from HF about 20 years ago. It was in brand new condition but the oiler didn't work. I don't know if it didn't work by design or if there was something wrong with the plumbing on my particular saw. The oiler is a plastic bottle, you press the button with your thumb and a rod pokes the bottle, hopefully making it squirt or at least drizzle. I ended up putting bar oil in an oil can and using that to squirt oil on the chain occasionally.

I still have the Wen, and I'd use it if I needed to do Sawzall type work indoors. It cuts way faster than a Sawzall and has more reach.

1_135200821146483.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a 'refurbished' Wen electric from HF about 20 years ago. It was in brand new condition but the oiler didn't work. I don't know if it didn't work by design or if there was something wrong with the plumbing on my particular saw. The oiler is a plastic bottle, you press the button with your thumb and a rod pokes the bottle, hopefully making it squirt or at least drizzle. I ended up putting bar oil in an oil can and using that to squirt oil on the chain occasionally.

This one is suposed to have an automatic oiler but it doesnt seem to put on much oil although the chain or bar doesnt show any signs of overheating.

Latest posts

Back