Hello from Maine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homesick

Reaction score
Fairly recent Mainer, retiring after 38 years in Alaska. Wife is from here and way closer to grandkids. Have about 9 acres of hardwoods here that hasn’t had any attention in decades. Lots of beetle kill ash to come down and like playing with saws. Will be looking for tuning and mod help. Thanks

Welcome.

What area of Maine? I've explored a lot of it. Most of the seacoast, many of the big lakes, Penobscot river, and paper country/Allagash. Love the outdoors.

EAB has decimated the ash here. Take them down ASAP, before the rotten tops become killers. Makes great lumber and firewood.

In Shapleigh, Southeast part of the state. Haven’t been here long enough to see much, been pretty busy since we got here. I call it the lesser 48. Doesn’t compare to Alaska down here. The property is steep and lots of granite cliffs. Does have a good variety of hardwoods. Have Ash, Oak, Maple, Beech, Cherry. Need to do a ton of thinning. Have you paddled the Allagash?

In Shapleigh, Southeast part of the state. Haven’t been here long enough to see much, been pretty busy since we got here. I call it the lesser 48. Doesn’t compare to Alaska down here. The property is steep and lots of granite cliffs. Does have a good variety of hardwoods. Have Ash, Oak, Maple, Beech, Cherry. Need to do a ton of thinning. Have you paddled the Allagash?

Back