Homelite 150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
OK guys, I just picked up this Homelite 150 on E-ipaidwaytomuch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2053191192&rd=1

ya, I know it is probably only worth $25-$30 Not to mention the $8.50 it gonna cost to ship it. Jeez, I must be crazy or something.

I already have a few of these that are good runners for the most part. Thought I'd get another for parts & etc.

I might have to raise some serious He!! if this thing turns out to be a junker. Ive been burned before on Ebay, but have gotten my money back most of the time.

What do ya think ?????

Mike

There are few deals to be had on E-Pay. there will always be somebody with deeper pockets than you, and less sense, or that is just "gonna have that, dammit"

I don't think you did so bad, really. What can you buy for $55, anyway.

I figure if the bar/chain/sprocket are good, that is woth $25 (if they are like new)

i have one of these that i pulled from the trash, the guy said the motor was siezed. I pulled the muffler & the piston/cyl looked like new. turned out to be the recoil was all hung up. Runs like a top.

have another that i also got from E^%^ It had a fuel tank leak & literallly looked like new (I'd guess less than 5 hours use) Put some epoxy tank liner in the tank & presto good saw. Paid $22 for that one. I guess they all make up for one another.

I have only bought 1 new saw in my life & its a throwaway poulan.
bought it for a back up when I was doing a big job. The rest are freebie/trash/dump/flea market & Ebay specials

Mike

I don't know, I've seen Super EZs go for a little less on eBay. I'm not a big 150 fan anyway.

The first chainsaw I ever got from E-pay was <a href="http://www.acresinternet.com/sites/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/d06f847ee084947588256b62005e4c08?OpenDocument">one of these </a>. I forked over $50, plus $15 to ship. I remember thinking that "that saw sure is going cheap", being that the other buyer had it for 2 days at like 15 bucks. I posted about 10 bids trying to "sneak up on it"

The other buyers apparently didn't want it very bad, and I learned why...only marketed here for about a year, parts are very tough to find. Oiler doesn't work very well, and this saw has the same "boil the gas" problem as the old Homelites...only worse.

That's what I got for $65...that, and a lesson.
Later, I was in on a pretty nice looking Jonsered 830 for about $175, with my bid protected up to $275 (add shipping for $300 total) 3 bidders entered about a dozen bids in the last 15 seconds, for a total of about $360. Another lesson learned.

Some of us remember a certain big Jonsered saw for sale with no bids...that just disappeared. Turns out a buyer asked the seller if he would care to end the auction early for a quick sale. Those of us that were waiting for the last hour or two learned that the early bird gets the worm even though E-Pay frowns on such things.

Another lesson learned.

I don't think there is any way to consistently come out ahead on E-Pay. I still look a lot for entertainment value, however.

Latest posts

Back