Homelite Bonanza: Saws & Parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost certain I saw this exact same auction about a month ago, and thought somebody bought out a dealer and was selling all th homelite stuff together. I searched for some other large lots of similar items to no avail.

If I'm right, then I wonder if a non-serious bidder won it and skated when he realized what a pile he had, or if somebody won it and examined the merchandise and backed out? The saws look sort of tough, and I have no desire to spend the time to research the parts.

Sure is an intersting auction, though.

The guy wants $50 for a packing fee, he should get twice that for all the typing he did to list the stuff. :eek:

I've seen that a couple times before. One time somone bid and I assume didn't go through, the seller cancelled it the second time.

I'd love to buy that lot and sell off the saws and some of the parts, but I don't have the truck, time, or space for it all. :(

Oh, that saw missing the jug in one photo is an 8800. High-performance 5.4 CID model made by Solo for Homelite. Pretty rare. Too bad they're selling all that junk together.

I'll put it out there, but if anyone was interested in going in on it together, splitting the initial cost, and looking after the shipping of the items they want, I'd be interested. I'm in the same boat as John. Also, being in Canada makes the shipping a much more costly proposition of the lot.

The only way I'd go for that auction is if I could drive down there in a truck. Paying for a trucking company and then storing it wouldn't be worth it, to me at least. If we got enough people together and made shipping arrangments, just maybe.

Long Island is a day trip for me, if you guys want to grab this stuff I can go get it and store it in my basement. All I ask is pick of the stuff that fits an XL-12 or XL-2.

Well so far there are only 4 of us bidding (behlerdf has bid 8 times to take the lead)
I'm ONLY interested in a share of the parts. From the qtys involved, It was either a very large dealer or a small distributor.
I also bid on the 1st go, but they withdrew the auction as they said they had missed listing a lot of the parts.
Soooo... like Dragoon asked... is anybody else interested in going shares??:confused:

I think I'll have to pass on this one. With everything I have to do around here, I'm not sure I could swing shipping for even a share of that stuff.

Would love to put some up for that too, but can't:( Auction has gone way to high considering shipping. Would have been wise for the bidders to not start a bidding war on this. Its almost $25.00 just to ship one of those saws:eek:

Though if anybody from here gets this I would be interested in one of those old saws. One that could run and for a reasonable price.

Shipping the whole lot would be chepest via truck freight...a little slower but with the 257 diff parts and all those saws I would estimate freight about $75-100

Sorry for dropping off the planet for a bit, I had the opportunity go get up to the cottage for a bit. If anyone is still interested (LOL, 2hrs to go) I would certainly be interested in throwing my hat in the ring with you guys. I am mostly interested in one of the bigger saws.

Back