Homelite C21

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmecanic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a very good condition C21 that needs some carb work. Is this saw worth fixing up and using or would I be better off with a newer saw. I would use the saw for some medium duty work on a 40 acre farm. :confused:

Do you mean a C-71? I haven't heard of a C-21. What kind of carb work? The saw isn't worth much, but a $10 carb kit would be a good investment if that's all it needed.

Now, are you going to be going around that 40 acre farm cutting wood? It's a sturdy saw, but those old ones weigh quite a bit for what they give you. Good for the woodpile/chopping stump. Not sure I'd want to drag one around with me all day. Also no AV. Anyway, I'd probably say it's not the saw for you're going to get a lot of use out of it.

Thanks for the reply. It is a C71. Not the greatest typer in the world. I went and looked at new Jonsereds yesterday and am leaning towrd a new saw. Thanks again

If your crazy like me and actually like to use old stuff youd use it. You could fix it up nice and soup it up a little but I'm thinking the weight would be too much. Though if you dont use it every day then it would do the job. If it has good power then the weight doesnt matter as much just makes you tougher:D

If your crazy like me and actually like to use old stuff youd use it. You could fix it up nice and soup it up a little but I'm thinking the weight would be too much. Though if you dont use it every day then it would do the job. If it has good power then the weight doesnt matter as much just makes you tougher:D

Back