Homelite problems

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeC

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well its not a saw, but its a trimmer..
Anyhow, when pulling it over, it will flood it self out really bad, starts usually without choke, but sometimes it will die, and then theres definetly no restarting it. I'll pull the black cover off theback of the motor and quit a bit of gas will pour out. It is a ST-185 with a walboro carb. Thanks!

What black cover do you mean? The air filter housing? It sounds like the metering valve isn't closing or maybe a diaphragm is broken. I'd bet a carb rebuild will solve your worries. About $10 for the kit.

The black cover shourds the cylander and also seals off the crankcase, when it wont start after a while, I'll pull it and it will be majorly flooded out with gas. Hopefully its the carb, I'll get a kit and give it a shot. thanks!

Mike, be sure to set the fulcrum on the inlet valve at the proper height and make sure that the gasket goes underneath the pump diaphragm. Also, check the carburetor with a presure tester the make sure the needle is seating properly, if you have access to one.

All right, I know what you're talking about. I have an ST-145. It does sound like the carb. Cleaning it and rebuild it. Also, you might want to get a new gasket to go between the shroud and crankcase. Don't want air leaks.

Latest posts

Back