Homelite Super EZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike mandry

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Who can tell me anything about the Homie S EZ'S (a red one aprox 1980)

I Just got one. Seems in very good shape (internally) I ran it this weekend & it runs & cuts great for a lightweight saw.

Thanks - Mike

My dad liked Super EZs for his climbing saws back in the '70s. Those were the days before Homelite went full bore into low quality consumer saws. I don't remember many details about the Super EZs-just 1. what they look like,2. Dad liked them and3. he smashed one to pieces falling with it in his hand.(He wan't hurt-just sprained his wrist slightly but the saw was mangled)

I've got an old super EZ that I bought new around 1978. It is still one of my favorite saws, I like the light weight. Mine has required very little work, not even a carb kit. Homelite must have sold a bunch of them, they still show up quite a bit. Only bad thing is no chain brake.

Great little 2.5 CID saw. Most from the late '60s (I think) until around 1980. Possibly the highest-compression mini saw ever made. Run high octane gas and be careful with the carb settings. Great little things.

I got one on Ebay recently and that same week found an EZ250 (same saw, with an auto-chain-tensioning system) at a garage sale. Interesting saws, light, fairly powerful. Both are equipped with 3/8 semi-chisel chain, but I recently scored a new/old Sabre .325 sprocket for one and a Husky small mount bar will fit. I intend to try at least one of them with narrow-kerf 95vp chain this weekend, comparing them with my 2149 Jonsered.

My feeling is the jonsered will embarass them badly.

We started selling the Super EZ in the Fall of 1971 and they were the best small saw HOMELITE made until 1987 when they were dropped from production.

Latest posts

Back