Hopped-up Shindaiwa !!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Rich, I see you like to run Shindaiwas, what do you know about the 695? I've had one for years and it's been a good saw, but I have no idea even what cc size it is. Later, Dave

Rich,
Walker's did up a Shindaiwa 488 for me this Spring. It was a nice moderate gain in hp (maybe 20% or so, they forgot to do a baseline dyno run) but a very noticeable difference in smoothness and throttle response. It is still picking up hp I'd imagine, as I haven't used it a ton and Shindaiwas seem slow to break in. It runs more like our 036 than my other 488. Very well worth the money, but it is not quite the screamer a Walkerized 346xp is.
Walker's also modified the muffler for my 377 for a very reasonable amount and that really made that saw come alive!

Rich...I am just about to do a 488 for Rbtree..so far the cylinder looks really good, but have yet to degree it....maybe this weekend...have a 357, 372 and 346 on the table right now...but I will let you know how it turns out...

488 is just about up and running..cylinder is complete...broke it in with stock muffler..now waiting for the muffler mods to complete....should be home from the welders soon...then I will run it with the before mentioned saws by the end of the week...

Latest posts

Back