husky 181se

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400 Explorer

Reaction score
I just bought a saw off a friend for $75 canadian
and would like some info on it, it's a 181se. It has a 28 inch bar and seems to have lots of power. Would like to know h.p. etc. The only problem it seems to have is when it quits on its own, which isn't too often, I have to pull the plug out and dry it off. I'm addicted now and looking at a used 61 husky, any info?

Awesome site!
thanks

181SE

Built from 1983 to 87, continued on into the early 90s as 181XP and 281XP.

4.9 cubic inches, 24 lbs. It had the same advertised weight as the 2100.

I kept sales log sheets. I sold three of them new in that time range. Most loggers skipped over the 181 for the 2100. Probably the ones I sold was when I was out of 2100s.

My experience on them was limited but I don't recall any particular problems with them.

Ironically, I remember two of them meeting accidental endings. Their crushed remains were in my junk pile for years, I used a few parts as some interchanged with others.

The 181 is a good saw, about 5.5hp. Most parts that fit the 288 will fit the 181. It is flooding out when you're on the gas, or when it sits there idling? Being as old as it is order a carb rebuild kit for 10bucks and it should be fine.

Back