Husky 350

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 350 is a good consumer model saw. It has a plastic crankcase, makes about 3.0 hp and runs about 13000rpms

What type of cutting are you going to do with it

Winglo,
I own a 350 and like it pretty well. I believe the 340/345/350 are better built than the Stihl 025/029. That said, if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go for Bailey's B51 for the same money. There are some neat features that you get with the 350, including side chain adjustment (convenient) and air injection filtration (it works), that you don't get on the B51, as well as some you don't really need, like compression release, but you'll lose the plastic crankcase in favor of alloy and get a better bar and a whole half a horsepower, about a 20% increase. The B51 is actually a Solo made in Germany. If you're hung up on Husky, the 55R is available for the same money, giving you an alloy case and a little more torque in a slightly older, heavier design that'll soon be discontinued (hence the discounted price). The 55 is probably a better firewood saw, IMO, but were quite a bit more expensive when I bought mine. A lot of folks will tell you to come up with another $100 and get a Stihl 026. I disagree, as I think the 026, while a decent saw, is way overrated (and overpriced). With another $100, I'd get a Shindaiwa 488 and a couple extra bars and chains... a better saw than any of the above-mentioned.
How's that for muddying the water?,
Bruiser

Last edited:
cutting

I'm just cutting tree lums and small trunks. Nothing in the forest, just the small biackyard.

The 350 will work fine. You dont need a $400 saw now. Maybe later, after you open the muffler looking for a little more power:D

Why do you need a 50cc saw to trim some trees in your backyard? A 35-40cc saw will suffice. Bigger isn't always better. If I know the job at hand will involve nothing larger than 12" I'll stick with my 37cc Stihl 009. A Husqvarna 136 is about $175.00 and will meet your needs.

Latest posts

Back