Husky 357 & Clearwater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John from Calif

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
All,

Back in April you all helped me with deciding on buying a Husky 357XP to use on our 80 acres in Calif. Based on the input, I contacted Dennis who turned out to be a pretty nice guy to deal with. He and I talked on the Friday before the Clearwater revival and we are working on a slightly modified saw with an invite added to the revivial. My wife and I were sadly not able to make arringments to come up from Redondo Beach on such short notice but it looked like a great time and we will be there next year! Thanks to all of you for your help and advise. Also, I have read many posts (started by Ginger) regarding the best way to fell a tree and have ordered the Fellers & Buckers Handbook. My question is, does anyone know of any classes in the Southern California area for how to use a saw. Actually, I know how to read use it, I'm looking for actual hands on instruction that will help me keep my hands and other important appendages intact. Thanks again all!

John

John, I got your email, and tried to phone ya this afternoon but your secretary said you were out on the golf course..whats up with that?? lol....anyway...I ordered your saw, as I have none left on the shelf...I have about 5 saws to build now over the next two weeks...so i will be going hard at night on them...

-I am not young enough to know everything.

John, was the saw running when you pitched it through the tree like that, or did you wind up like in "fast pitch" softball? I usually only throw small Stihls that hard! LOL If this is the sort of competition I will be up against next year in Clearwater, I may not make it then either! BTW, very nice aim. Russ

yeah,yeah,yeah, gypo - remember about a year ago when i asked you about why you did not use a "bigger" saw for work, you told me you wanted 'lightness' - how gay, now look at you, youre in the woods with a 385wxp and an 088kd and you f up and you f. up the husky - whats going on? im worried for you bro? lol:blob2:

PS. what 357 - never heard of it - what about the 346 eh?:confused: :D

Latest posts

Back