Husqvarna 35

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetmecanic

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this saw? I had a guy give me one that seems to run well. The only problem is that it intermittently shocks the S**T out of you!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!:confused:

was this guy mad at you or something or does he just have a special hatered of you???LOL:p

If you are getting an electrical shock from the saw, I'd look at the spark plug wire and make sure there are no breaks or cracks in the cover.

I am pretty sure the guy isnt out to get me. The saw is in great shape and I modded a muffler for the guy on his 346 and he gave it to me. Are these fairly decent saws? I have no experience with these small Husky's. Thanks for the replies!

The Husky 35 is an excellent saw. It was built by EMAB Canada in Huron Park Ontario. The original deisgn of that saw was Frontier which started out in Trail, British Columbia. Chrome cylinder and loved by arborists in this part of the country. Check the spark plug lead for a spot where the insulation is worn through from rubbing on part of the saw.

I had a saw shock me. It was a Pioneer. The ground wire that connects the gas tank to the crankcase was not on the saw. Without it the rubber insulators were keeping the kill wire from making contact at the kill switch. Result was that one hand on the front handle bar and one hand on the rear handle acted as the ground wire and a resulting shock was felt when running the saw if the kill switch was in a certain position. Put a ground wire to connect the two separate pieces of the saw and you should solve the problem. I don't think it is the spark plug wire because the saw will not usually run, or run good with a high voltage leak. Mike

I had a stihl 056 superAV that had a short in the kill switch-If you turned it off it woludn't kill the saw but would short through the case. If you had the switch off while running the saw and rested the case against sweat soaked jeans it was very ah... ummmm....stimulating.:eek:

If memory serves (and it doesn't always) the Husky 35 is a Poulan XXV in an orange case.

Indeed it doesn't have to be the high tension (spark plug) side of the coil that does the shocking. When the coil unloads, primary voltage can be many hundreds of volts at the stop switch or frame.

If it's one of those lil orange Poulans, the kill switch is real cheap on them. I used several of those lil saws years ago, replaced many bad kill switches. They were only $2-$3 each back then. Crud around the switch can sometimes short them out if the plastic insulation is loose, also.

If you had the switch off while running the saw and rested the case against sweat soaked jeans it was very ah... ummmm....stimulating.:eek:

And I thought I had some odd hobbies.

Thanks for the replies!! I took the saw apart last night and found both the spark plug wire and the ground wire for the kill switch shorting against the case. The guy had lost the AV bushing at the rear handle mount and just pinched it together. This pinched the wires against the case. Does anyone know if parts are still readily available for this saw? Thanks again!!!

Latest posts

Back