Husqvarna 350 manifold upgrade

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goosemaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm working on a Husqvarna 350 and I've been seeing where this saw is bad about air leaking in this area. Can anyone give me some info on what all that needs changing at the intake manifold and any part numbers please. I think the saw I'm working on needs to have this done. Could a man do away with the locking tabs on the plastic clamp that is on it now and put a hose clamp on it? Any help and suggestions would be appreciated.

A worm style hose clamp works and with a bit of finagling you can install it without removing the cylinder. Has to be the narrower type though, not as easy to find.
Harbor freight used to include 5 appropriate sized ones in their hose clamp kits but they’ve since changed to wider ones.

Another option for doing it without removing the cylinder is a good heavy cable tie, heavy as in like a 1/4” or more wide.

Then there’s always Oetiker clamps though like the cable ties they are one time use only.

The metal clamps with the kit are junk and there's no need for a new bulkhead, either. Just trim the tabs off of the existing one and use a screw type clamp..., or universal crimp style CV boot clamps work great, too. $1.49 at any auto parts store. Adjustable and can be crimped with diagonal cutters. They will not come loose. Here's the NAPA link... https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CTD6865833

357xp Intakes.jpg

1031151406_resized.jpg

357xp Metal Clamp.jpg

The metal clamps with the kit are junk and there's no need for a new bulkhead, either. Just trim the tabs off of the existing one and use a screw type clamp..., or universal crimp style CV boot clamps work great, too. $1.49 at any auto parts store. Adjustable and can be crimped with diagonal cutters. They will not come loose. Here's the NAPA link... https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/CTD6865833

Excellent post, only thing to watch is where you nip the old clamp off, it needs to be the right spot to work, too much , no seal, too little, it leaks as well!:cool:

This is one application I have found the Chinese useful for. 372OE intake clamps, bar nuts, and de-comp plugs are the only items I've used and felt comfortable with. I did send a saw out once with a FT clutch cover but I don't think I will again. The tensioner felt cheesy and the fit wasn't as nice as OEM.

J
Thanks everybody for your inputs. I'm sure I can come up with something to work. Again Thanks.
Just a quick note. That hose clamp in Post #14 worked for me on one of mine. On another, I was able to mend the broken part with a #6 machine screw and a lock nut. Not easy, but it worked and I patted myself on the back. After that, I started using Stihl manifold clamps a shown in Post #11. They work also.

Latest posts

Back