Husqvarna 357xp - repair damage - suggestions and help needed

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartDalb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just picked up a Husqvarna 357 XPG - not often I see them here in Denmark.

Seems like something that is worth fixing, and cleaning....

But it does have damage to its metal part/housing near the carburator/choke lever.

See pictures.

Anyway this can be repaired in any way, or at the very least closed with some plastic welding or whatever?

Not sure how much it matters in the end, but I would love some tips and suggestions!

Thanks in advance! :numberone: :cheers:

Regards
Mart

Attachments

• 1000004287.jpg
    1000004287.jpg
    402.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1000004290.jpg
    1000004290.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 0
Could probably use fibre glass, jb weld, or an epoxy metal product like kneed-it to fashion a new bit. Will need to clean it up real good & give it some "key" to stick to

I have used bondoglass to fix a lot of things, its bondo with fiberglass strands in it. It is a lot harder to sand and shape but it sets up quick and is very strong.

There is ample amount of room for a 3D printed part held in place by the screw retaining the 503927903 Base that is visible.
That sounds pretty good, I dont have a 3D printer, but I can perhaps make something else up, using that screw place as a holder.

Thanks!

I have used bondoglass to fix a lot of things, its bondo with fiberglass strands in it. It is a lot harder to sand and shape but it sets up quick and is very strong.
Never heard of this product, I will look into this for sure. :reading:

Latest posts

Back