• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Husqvarna 365xp cylinder thanx all!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No difference in the 372 setup other than bore size. Bolts right up like normal. If its a non strato saw....

Ive owned two and I would disagree with that. I'm sure if you're only running 24" bars they're comparable. CP??

I don't see any reason not to upgrade if the parts are needed anyways. But to each there own.

Closed port. Maybe you had the open version. And yah, 70ccs are for 24" bars in our wood, 28" is occasional. The 460s and 7900s of the world will generally wear 28" if needed.
No love for my 576 with a 28.
I don't see any reason not to upgrade if the parts are needed anyways. But to each there own.
Many guys build the CP 365 into race saws, one of the fastest in it's class. They win the most from what I've seen, if I was looking to race a 4 cube it would most likely be a 365 CP.
Another reason is a collector who wants it just how it should be.
For the most part I agree with your statement, why not have the power if you can.

No love for my 576 with a 28.
What do you run on the 7900?
Many guys build the CP 365 into race saws, one of the fastest in it's class. They win the most from what I've seen, if I was looking to race a 4 cube it would most likely be a 365 CP.
I want one, have the parts to build one to send to someone to make fast.

This one here sucks, it didn't even run enough to compete in Sept, but it creates conversation...
23930.jpeg

This one here sucks, it didn't even run enough to compete in Sept, but it creates conversation...
View attachment 696111
Depends, 20-36, but they run a 28 nice in hardwood.
Usually cheaper to buy something done for me.
Did Eric build that one, what happened to it.

Folks say that the CP 365s run right with 372s in many situations.

I am one to feel this was and have told Tim that. I honestly can’t really tell a difference in power running my 2165 and 372 with 20” bars. Larger bar it may be a little noticeable. Cutting firewood for fun, a decked 48mm cylinder and opened muffler runs the same as the 50mm cylinder decked and opened up muffler to me. But in reality a bigger bore with same compression and port time will make a little more power I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am one to feel this was and have told Tim that. I honestly can’t really tell a difference in power running my 2165 and 372 with 20” bars. Larger bar it may be a little noticeable. Cutting firewood for fun, a decked 48mm cylinder and opened muffler runs the same as the 50mm cylinder decked and opened up muffler to me. But in reality a bigger bore with same compression and port time will make a little more power I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In small wood with a short bar you won't see a lot of difference if they are running the same rpm in the wood. Lower the depth gauges on both by.005 and see what happens or run an 8 pin.
It had his stickers on it. A couple of them did up there. I'm guessing it still lives up in Sparta. You know the owner.
Yeah, I know that guy.

View attachment 696111
Thats actually a 50mm cylinder on ol’ dik nose i think. Its still a handful in the five cube class

Latest posts

Back