Husqvarna 371XP Just Shoot Me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moss Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I bought this 371XP off a friend a while back, he worked at a Husky shop that closed and was able to aquire this saw. Very little history on it, but it appears to be something someone at the shop had squirreled away and was adding parts as money allowed. That is all just a wild theory I came up with to explain the lack of use the saw has obviously had. I can't see where it could have been used more than a couple times.

I got a call the other day about a 272XP that I have for sale and the guy asks me if I have anything newer for sale. After a slight pause I mention the 371...........big mistake! Long story short.........sold.

IMG_101-16.jpg

IMG_103-7.jpg

IMG_104-8.jpg

IMG_105-5.jpg

IMG_106-3.jpg

IMG_107-2.jpg

She is drop dead gorgeous:jawdrop: So jealous. I wish I lived out west so I could have big dawgs and full wraps.
Its a wonder that you dont have a concussion for kicking yourself in the rear. Oh well, money to spend on something else.

She is drop dead gorgeous:jawdrop: So jealous. I wish I lived out west so I could have big dawgs and full wraps.
Its a wonder that you dont have a concussion for kicking yourself in the rear. Oh well, money to spend on something else.

I have that exact saw, modified, big bore kit, ported, decked, all that. Just not quite so shiny. That thing is mint, what did you get, if it was less than $800, you should have kept it.

I have that exact saw, modified, big bore kit, ported, decked, all that. Just not quite so shiny. That thing is mint, what did you get, if it was less than $800, you should have kept it.

He should have kept it anyway - that just isn't a saw that you sell! :)

To me, the 371xp is even more attractive than the 372xp, as it weights halv a pound less (not sure if I would notise it though).....:givebeer:

The case is weaker around the bearings, but was there a true problem with the 371?????? :confused:

Last edited:

I figured you could buy a brand spankin new 372XP, put a full wrap and big dogs on it for around $870. So no, I didn't get close to $800. for it.

I have been thinking about buying a couple 372's at the dealers and setting them aside for when they stop selling them. For some reason the 576XP isn't quite as popular.

He should have kept it anyway - that just isn't a saw that you sell! :)

To me, the 371xp is even more attractive than the 372xp, as it weights halv a pound less (not sure if I would notise it though).....:givebeer:

The case is weaker around the bearings, but was there a true problem with the 371?????? :confused:

I hear ya Troll. The issue is that I can only keep a certain number of saws on hand and right now I am on an "Old School" saw kick. I just bought the
281XP in my signature and it is just as mint as this 371XP I sold, so that is the one I have decided to hold onto.

Less and less I carry a big saw into the forest to fell the big wood, so parting with the 371XP, that I got twice what I paid for it, makes perfect sense.

The guy is more than happy to be getting the saw, he has been suffering with one of the lesser brands and is ready to step up to a real saw. :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
I regret selling my Dolmar 143mx. But it had looked like that 371xp. I would have never sold it.
That's one of the prettiest Huskies I've ever seen.
Sad thing it the guy is mostly likely going to start using and and lowering it's condition. :cry:

I regret selling my Dolmar 143mx. But it had looked like that 371xp. I would have never sold it.
That's one of the prettiest Huskies I've ever seen.
Sad thing it the guy is mostly likely going to start using and and lowering it's condition. :cry:

Yes, it's going to be his only saw after he liquidates the inferior saw he has been using. I was hoping he'd place it on the mantle and polish it everyday like I did.

I feel your pain.

Well, I just think that I would have had to run that saw. But I probably would have built a velvet box for it to stay in all the time.
:cheers: to you for helping out somebody that was struggling with the inferior brand(was it a STIHL?:))
pictures of the 281?

I just keep coming back to this thread looking at that saw.:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Well, I just think that I would have had to run that saw. But I probably would have built a velvet box for it to stay in all the time.
:cheers: to you for helping out somebody that was struggling with the inferior brand(was it a STIHL?:))
pictures of the 281?

I just keep coming back to this thread looking at that saw.:jawdrop:

There will be no mention of other brands, I try to keep my rep here solid. :cheers:

I picked up one on E- Bay about two months ago, similar situation to this as far as usage. It's a 96 but had been used very little. The guy that owned it loaned it out and the person who borrowed it managed to poke a hole in the oil tank. The owner then traded it in to his shop on a new saw. This guy that I bought it from ( the shop owners grandson who's a saw mechanic and originally sold him the saw) patched it to where it didn't leak at all. The rest of the body and the engine were in excellent condition . I got it for 375. 00

That saw has ran like a dream. I had never had anything bigger than my Husky 365, which is a great saw, and still cutting, but this 371 just runs and runs and starts every time. The 365 has been hell cold starting at times but this 371 fires like clockwork.

Next time I can afford it and run into one I wouldn't think twice about getting another.

Oh, well, nowadays they have better saws anyways..... just go get one of those!

...oh... wait a sec....

Yeah, funny thing, I was at the local Husky dealer today and he tells me that he WILL NOT stock a 575XP-576XP because of the issues he ran into with them. He did say that he has quite a stockpile of 372XP'S in the back. Case closed, old school saws are it.

Latest posts

Back