Husqvarna 435 oiler won't work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregb7

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My Husqvarna 435 runs good, for it is fairly new, even though bought used, however, it will not spit out the oil for the bar! I took it all apart by the bar, and the silver plate, and got new components under there, like the rubber spinning gear, and pump, and put it all back in, and started it up--it STILL will not push out the oil!! I've cleaned out all the lines, and bar, and holes with a thin wire--it does not matter. When it starts up, it just will not oil the bar at all. When I take that plate off again, then loosen the oil cap for the oil reservor, it then comes tumbling out of the hole it is supposed to, so it seems there is a pressure problem somewhere. I ordered a duckbill now, and have it, but can't get to it. This is the tiny 1" grey plastic piece inside the oil tank. But so far, I have not been able to get to it. I have taken almost the entire saw apart now, so I can see the bottom of the tank, but I'm not sure how or what to do next. There is a 3/8" grey round cover there with a stip sticking out 1/4" that goes under another piece, that I think has to come off, to get to a bolt maybe that holds that duckbill on, but I'm just guessing. Anyone have a shop manual for this part, or, some wisdom on how to get oil to this saw? I've taken this on and off 5 times now, but not gone this far, so am not sure what to do next.

Here's an online workshop manual for the saw; http://www.manualslib.com/manual/854169/Husqvarna-435.html The oiler section is on page 31. (I'm just a googler, I couldn't see a reference to what you're looking for on that page, but maybe it'll help).
This will be of great help for other problems I find on this saw, and this does cover changing the oil piston, but I already did that, but it does not cover exactly the problem I still have, that it will not suck the oil out of the chamber even with all the external new oil parts, which in the past has normally been the problem on all my other saws, and when replaced, fixes things. There is a piece inside the tank that I ordered, that could be defective, and I have it, but how to get THAT piece out of the tank, is my challenge now, and this manual does not cover that--so I'm still fishing for an answer.
But thank you for trying to help, and I'll save this link for the future. I went online to find this manual last night and could not find, so you did good just even getting this for me. :>)

There are a few other sites that have downloadable PDFs, I'm not sure if they're all reliable, but I used one a while ago to get the workshop manual for my saw. I hope someone else has more help for you!

I put in a new valve check, and the screen that goes over that. I also figured out from looking at a new "duckbill" as they call it, just how to get it dislodged from inside the tank (with pressure applied to the right spot with a screwdriver) and it it popped right out! I had to go to a computer class tonight, and ran out of time, but I got the new "duckbill" replaced now, and the new oiler piston back in, and I have a tree job to do in the morning too, so will finish assembly on first light, and try it out tomorrow. I've replaced EVERYTHING now connected with the oiler--if this does not work now, I'll be using this saw for a boat anchor!!

I "borrowed" a plastic sauce bottle (clean) with a fairly fine nozzle from the kitchen, and filled it with bar oil to run a bit along my chain before tensioning. If you don't have something like that handy it might help you out while testing, keep things moving nicely while you wait for the oiler to kick in. Hope it goes well for you!

I put in a new valve check, and the screen that goes over that. I also figured out from looking at a new "duckbill" as they call it, just how to get it dislodged from inside the tank (with pressure applied to the right spot with a screwdriver) and it it popped right out! I had to go to a computer class tonight, and ran out of time, but I got the new "duckbill" replaced now, and the new oiler piston back in, and I have a tree job to do in the morning too, so will finish assembly on first light, and try it out tomorrow. I've replaced EVERYTHING now connected with the oiler--if this does not work now, I'll be using this saw for a boat anchor!!
Hos did this work for you? IM experienceing the exact same problem as you have described. Havent arrived at the duckbill part yet. Did this do the trick?

Latest posts

Back