Husqvarna 435e compression specifications

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowtiescottsdale

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
As the title states, I am looking for a good compression specification on a Husqvarna 435e. I know the general rule of thumb is about 140 psi, but there is no specification listed in the workshop manual, and I measured about 120 PSI cranking compression but there is no scoring that I can see with the jug installed.

So I'm wondering if someone has a a properly running 435e or a 440e and can tell me what their saw makes for compression.

Thank you

As the title states, I am looking for a good compression specification on a Husqvarna 435e. I know the general rule of thumb is about 140 psi, but there is no specification listed in the workshop manual, and I measured about 120 PSI cranking compression but there is no scoring that I can see with the jug installed.

So I'm wondering if someone has a a properly running 435e or a 440e and can tell me what their saw makes for compression.

Thank you
Is your tester suitable for small engines? Does it have a shrader valve in the hose? If not, 120 psi sounds plenty to me 👍

If you can, test a known good similar sized saw with your tester... if it gives you a similar reading then its not designed for small engines.
A small saw won't run well with 120PSI (& not at all with any less). If you lift the saw by the starter handle does it hold itself up or let the rope out & drop down?

If you can, test a known good similar sized saw with your tester... if it gives you a similar reading then its not designed for small engines.
A small saw won't run well with 120PSI (& not at all with any less). If you lift the saw by the starter handle does it hold itself up or let the rope out & drop down?
It holds itself up. I will see what my 192c-e makes, or I'll have to find a 435e to test

Is the shrader valve at the gauge or at the end that screws into the cylinder? If it's not at the cylinder then the saw has to pressurise the tester line as well as the cylinder which on a small saw can be upto twice the volume (resulting in half as much measured compression).
I'd expect my 340/345/350's to give +150PSI if they're in good shape

Latest posts

Back