Husqvarna advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluejay

Reaction score
Hello folks, I am new here. I am trying to sort out my next chainsaw purchase. Over the years I have been generally happy with husqvarna saws. I would like to have heated handlebars and 68cc or bigger.

So I am a little frustrated in that the technology and such, progresses along, but a person can't tell what is newest and best compared to something that has been out for a few years. Ideally, the newest and best are taking the place of something that was good but is ready for a change. Sometimes the older design is considered excellent, but is still going to the obsolete column for whatever reason.

If this has been discussed before maybe you can point me there. If not we can chime in here.
Saws I use - Husqvarna 266, Husqvarna 570, Stihl MS 390
I want a pro saw because anything less usually shows its weakness over time.
Can anyone tell me the saw they like best? What are the pros and cons when choosing between a 576XP G, or a 372XP G? Am I missing something here? I am not overly concerned with fuel economy or emissions. I would like to shy away from problematic technology that I can't keep running in a snowdrift.

Thanks MacLaren, I will look it up.

I found 2 of them. One has 5.7hp and the other has 5.63hp.
Is this like a 2013 compared to a 2014 or is it something else?

Last edited:
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/forest/products/xp-saws/compare-xp-saws/?nid=166839,173018

Side by side seem pretty close... I was looking at a 576 until I talked to the guys at Madsens. I ended up with a 390 (w/o autotune) for the very reason you mentioned above for NOT a lot more $70-100 more IIRC. Once you get to saws on that level youre already dropping that kind of dough get exactly what you want and know you will be satisfied.

I will say that I feel I need to get a more "midrange" pro saw and that would be a 372XP cuz my back hurting, yeah back hurting. That is the message that i am playing on a loop in my wife's ears as shes asleep. Oh, and make more rice crispie treats.

Last edited:
The 576AT I ran was anything but clumsy or heavy. Sure, a little heavier than a 372xpw, but still a super nice saw with the auto tune. Thats just my actual experience of running the 576AT.

What are the advantages of autotune? Sometimes I just ballpark my mixing oil, trying to meet 40:1 or so. If the saw won't idle, I went too rich.

Latest posts

Back