Husqvarna T435 Max RPMs? 12,500??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt93eg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I tried searching here on the forum and google and found no other mention of RPMs for a T435.

Husqvarna's website shows a Maximum engine RPM of 12,500. Is this a typo?? At 12,500 this thing is ridiculously rich. Even at 13,100 she still 4 strokes in the cut unless I push HARD. Im thinking they mean a max of 13,500? Anyone have an idea?

Top handles are meant to be alot richer on the high side due to their engine size and power output i believe. Dont chase numbers, try to tune in by ear and sink it in wood and test how it cuts. I dont pay much attention to numbers these days.

If it clears up in wood and cuts good, then i say its good to go

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that at first I did tune by ear. I had it where it would 4 stroke out of the cut but clean up immediately in the cut I checked it with tach for reference and it was around 13,500 it h remember correctly. That’s when I decided to look up the max number and seen 12,500. So I kinda freaked cause it’s my dads saw and I didn’t want to damage it by spinning to fast. So I went rich again and dialed it in at 12,500 with tach and it’s super rich. So I was thinking maybe at 13 it would be fine. That’s when I got 13,100 with tach and like said still 4 strokes in wood unless I push hard on it. I should have just left it alone after the initial ear setting.

I will get back where I initially got it and leave it be. I brought his saw home cause he was using it the other day and I was listening to it, then I picked it up and and the thing was screaming lean. No 4 stroking ever. And that’s at factory settings. So I brought it home to clean it up good and get some more fuel up high.

Right. I was just worried that I was over the 12,500 max that husky listed by 1,000. Not worrying about that any longer. I should have thought anyhow that before I got it, it was lean anyways and turning faster than the 13,5 I ended up with so I shouldn’t have worried about it. Thanks man.

Latest posts

Back