i found my saw chain man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
as some know ive had problems finding a person locally ,that could really get a chain rite. i found him today.
let there be know mistake ,its an art and not everybody with a grinder knows what they doing.albemale nc toro dealer.
daryl knows what hes doing. u guys may say big deal. but id tried half dozen,
before him,and i knew the minute i stuck it in the wood it wasnt as good as id gotton use to at one time. up to now.
no doubt this thing is agressive now and thats what i needed. hell be getting about 4 more chains tommorow and ill be worling about half as hard:) sometime things finally work out.:)

Hope i grind them right, i do a good 20-30 chains a day. Had one complaint cause i took his drags down to the correct height.

sounds like u gettin a lot of repeat.
that would be the big indicator it seems to me. i can get a saw fairly sharp.
problem is my back dont want it fairly sharp.:) so this fella, be doing mine about every 3 rd time unless i find that it needs to be every time.i aint made outa money but i got a dislike for working with a saw that aint half rite. he also advised me to touch up after each tank.funny thing as i was leavin he said , now u show me u can handle a chain like that.
i suspected i had my man at that time.

Yeah theres alot of tree trimmer's saws i do an some others also.. We have had complaints before buy my scribbley writing wasnt on the ticket :D They bring them back and say they wont cut or something...

I have got an older man that sharpens chains for $4. I do not know if that is fair or not. He has done some great work and some that were not so good. The one thing he has not been able to do is planer blades. I think his vision is not good enough to get the angle on them. He told me about a guy who came in with a chain that needed to be sharpened immediately. There was a tree down across his driveway and he needed to get to work. He sharpened the chain and sent him on his way. The guy came back in a short time cussing and screaming about the chain being worse then ever. Well as you can figure out the older guy told him the chain would probably cut better if he put it on the right way. The customer got even madder and got in his truck leaving the saw on the ground.. The old guy picked up the saw and heaved it into the back of the customers truck as he was driving away.

a friend of my dad's asked me to look at his saw for him awhile ago because it wasn't cutting right, so i took one look at it and told him that he had the chain on backwards and he thought i was kidding until i turned it around and told him to try it and see if i was kidding him. well don't you know that he felt mighty sheepish after trying it and realizing that he had done something as stupid as that!!!:laugh:

to show u what ive run into.
i had let one fella sharpen my saw.
he was putin it back on and having trouble ,so i helped him a bit . not bad f ,he was young. then i noticed he had it on backwards. i just let him finish.
like i say. a good chainsaw man aint
behind every rock.my real problem is i got use to somebody who knew his stuff.
if u have had tbone steak ,peanut butter jus dont gettit.:)

Back