ID, Please - Found it - Sickle pod!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know.
usually, you use it with a smart phone and you just take a picture of the plant and it identifies it but I guess if you took a picture of the plant and sent it to your computer and you could load the app on your computer it would probably work

Don't know.
usually, you use it with a smart phone and you just take a picture of the plant and it identifies it but I guess if you took a picture of the plant and sent it to your computer and you could load the app on your computer it would probably work
I google searched the photo I posted and - voila! - sicklepod.

Plant is still doing well and blooming. Also making long skinny seed pods.
And the leaves do have an unpleasant smell, but so do Paulownia and gourd leaves.
Marigolds and tomatoes, too, for that matter. ;)

DSC00373.JPGDSC00374.JPG

It's been very hot here this summer and very little rain the past few weeks so I've been watering the sicklepod trying to keep it alive.
Definitely can see why it's called a sickle pod!
Lot's of seed pods on the plant and it may be finished blooming... unless we get a good soaking rain soon.
I've already collected the first pod that dried and turned brown... the rest of them are double the size and still green.

If anyone wants some seeds, send me a PM and I'll mail you a pod. Offer good only while supplies last! :laugh:

sicklepod 082824.JPG

Back