Jonsered 2083 top motor mount

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ekcutter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I previously posted this on the WTB/For Sale section but probably will get a better answer (or at least an answer here).

I bought this saw new in either '97 or '98. After moving to Illinois many years ago I sold it to my brother who still lives in NYS. During a phone conversation with him last night he mentioned that the top motor mount was broke. I haven't seen it, but he explained it's 2 rubber pieces that sandwich a metal section in between and the rubber pieces are what is broke. He still uses the saw as is. Are these pieces still available, used or new, or can they be replaced with something homemade?
Told him I would ask. Thanks.

I'll PM you an IPL, get him to point out the pieces that are broken and look for the part number.

Perfect! These are beautiful machines and deserve to be in good shape, it's great to hear that it's still in use after a quarter century. Should pick up a spare in case it needs another in 2050 ;)

Latest posts

Back