• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Jonsered 27 inch bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Select_cut_forester

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just purchased a jonsered 920 super and I would like to put a 27" 93 Dl bar on it (because I already have other 93 Dl chain for other saws) and am having trouble locating that specific bar. Also I am trying to figure out the difference between an Oregon D096 and a D196. If anyone has a bar or could help me with the difference between the two it would be much appreciated

I just purchased a jonsered 920 super and I would like to put a 27" 93 Dl bar on it (because I already have other 93 Dl chain for other saws) and am having trouble locating that specific bar. Also I am trying to figure out the difference between an Oregon D096 and a D196. If anyone has a bar or could help me with the difference between the two it would be much appreciated
The d196 is just the updated part # for a old d096 bar.

The difference between them is the adjuster holes , one has a adjuster hole that has a slot in it for the Homelite saws that still used a rectangular adjuster. They can be used interchangeably other then that.

The reason you are seeing the D096 bar being suggested for the Jonsered 920 is the Homelite bar uses 3/8" studs, basically 9.5mm and the slots a lot of times have enough slop in the bar slot to fit the 10mm studs on the Jonsered saws that used those studs.

The thing is the Homelite bar uses the common Homelite, McCulloch, Poulan and Echo drive link counts. I'm pretty sure you won't find a D096 28" bar to use a 93DL chain. They are mostly 92DL.

If you want to stay with a 93DL chain, I would suggest you use the large Husky mount D009 bar but you will have to file the 9mm slot out to 10mm. Make sure the 28" D009 bar you get is for a 93DL, there are some out there that is 92DL.

No I looked that would be a D176 the same as echo for those saws because I have a pro mac 1000 that uses that mount
Your right. You know why your PM100 uses that D176 bar? That is because the D176 bar replaced the old H003 McCulloch bar mount that would have came on the PM1000. McCulloch P1000's all came with Mac bars. The D176 will route oil through the adjuster holes like the Mac bar did. The PM1000 had different bar plates then the Partner P100 to route the bar oil differently.

Could be after chain stretch. I looked at my one saw to see if that would work. With the right dl chain the tail mount was centered perfectly over the studs if I added or subtracted a link + stretch I could run out of adjustment. But I am no pro by any means just a observation I made. I'm sure a more experienced sawyer would know more.

Also if I did find a bar that fit the saw and it was 92 do would I have issues running a 93 Dl chain on it ??? Is one link that big of a difference???
Yes it can be. Most D009 28" bars will be 93DL, I just mentioned that there are some 92's out there. My Dolmar 7900 came with a Dolmar branded Oregon 28" bar and I wasn't happy to find it was 92DL

Also I read that a Oregon 270gndd196 was a 93 Dl bar is that because the bar would be wider ??? I'm waiting for someone to pop on this thread and go o ya I have one I could sell ya... But that hasn't happened yet 😂

I had a 920 Super once and I made a new set of bar studs for it that were for the 9mm slot bars. Also had to make spacers to reduce the size of the holes in the clutch cover. It worked great but in the big picture it just wasn't worth the trouble.

Normally the cheapest easiest route is just get the large Husky bar( they are everywhere) and spend 15 minutes with a sharp file and enlarge the slot on it.100_0674.JPG

Also I read that a Oregon 270gndd196 was a 93 Dl bar is that because the bar would be wider ??? I'm waiting for someone to pop on this thread and go o ya I have one I could sell ya... But that hasn't happened yet 😂

It is possible that it could be 93DL because of that. In general Homelite so called 27" bars were 92

I had a 920 Super once and I made a new set of bar studs for it that were for the 9mm slot bars. Also had to make spacers to reduce the size of the holes in the clutch cover. It worked great but in the big picture it just wasn't worth the trouble.

Normally the cheapest easiest route is just get the large Husky bar( they are everywhere) and spend 15 minutes with a sharp file and enlarge the slot on it.View attachment 955611
Well this is most likely the way I will go then thanks

Latest posts

Back