Jonsered 625,630,670 Husqvarna 266,272 chain brake?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tug

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Anybody cut down a husqvarna 272 chain brake to fit a jonsered saw? I have been told it can be done. I need them for the old and newer style jonsered saws. The jonsered brake are getting very difficult to find and almost never fucntion, just the cover. If you have done it or seen it, does the brake still function?

Yes this a quite easy to do. The OEM Husky cover and brake exactly the same except the face of the cover extends back over the lower part of the top handle. The Husky and Jonsered top handles are different, with the Jonsered handle being positioned a bit further outboard than the Husky version. The Jonserd cover does not extend any further than the back partition in the cover by the chain brake. You simply cut face of the Husky cover off right at the backside of this partition using it as a guide and you're good to go.......you may want to paint it red but other than it's totally functional. The first saw I acquired that this had been done to was a 630 Super II and the guy had simply beat the end off the Husky cover with a hammer...or maybe a rock.....crude it was...but worked OK.

Latest posts

Back